Friday, December 12, 2008

What the hell is an update?

No real news on the front today. I have a small project coming up this weekend involving school students giving speeches on film, then I head for California. The students are friends of mine, so I am taking this opportunity to light a scene in front of my brand new Canon GL2. As well as play with the new Boom and Shotgun Mic I got to go with it. I doubt I will need the Wide angle converter.

Wednesday I get to see the fabled Trans Siberian Orchestra, followed by hours of laundry and packing. My flight for California leaves at 7 AM, so i have to be at the airport at least by 5 AM. I am really looking forward to going out there, to see the lay of the land, to check out real estate costs, and to meet some friends. this will be the first flight I take alone, and the first time I travel out of state alone. So I am defiantly nervous. I plan on taking my laptop and my D80 in hopes to catch some real stunning images, not the touristy stuff, but true art.

As for the Walking with Dinosaurs, while I am sure that Beth is angry over the whole thing, she stayed very professional, and just said "It's ok". Aparently she worked it out with the contacts at mellon arean had so that she could post some of the images they supplied to her. However, I think I know the problem I had. I was reading things backward. A very amature mistake. I turned UP my Fstop, which meant less light not more. So I was picking a good shutter speed, the aprature was just closed so tight that I wasn't getting any light in the lens. I defenatly want to get to another setting like that and take some photographs just to play with the settings and see what I can come up with before I make teh final call though.

No comments: